Saturday, August 15, 2009

As I sat in the Radcliffe Library of the Theosophical Society yesterday, surrounded by several thousand books on a variety of esoteric subjects, I wondered where to start? I thought back over the range of topics which I have studied, and recalled that recently I had come across a scientific study on "out-of-body experiences (OBEs)", which from memory, claimed that it might go some way towards a scientific explanation of these experiences. So, I have decided that I will review the topic of OBEs as my first foray.

I went to the relevant section of the Radcliffe Library and found two older books on the topic, as I felt that I initially needed to ground myself in what people thought about the topic 30-50 years ago, before reading current research findings.

Hopefully, my next post will review the first of these books.

No comments:

Post a Comment